One of the outstanding legal marketing, advertising and public relations firms in the state is now for sale. A smart marketer should consider Texas Law Marketing (TLM), a thriving business that can produce revenue from day one and return the original investment in 12-18 months. You’ll never find an easier buy-in for a superstar in the legal marketing space.
Texas Law Marketing is a “Texas’ Best” Firm
In both 2015 and 2016, TLM was selected one of Texas’ Best in North Texas by DFW-area attorneys and featured by American Lawyer Media.
This is a healthy business under the direction of CEO and Creative Director Larry Upshaw, who will stay with the company as long as it takes to facilitate the transition.
A Profitable Company Each Year
TLM has been profitable every year. Much of the revenue is fee income from public relations and similar services, leading to very high profit margins.
Project concept and copy services are handled in-house. Over the years, Upshaw has qualified an outstanding list of creative service providers, including designers and illustrators, web developers, photographers, and video specialists. Using the most creative freelance talent, rather than whichever employee is available, allows the company to better match services to budget.
TLM Expands Legal Marketing Strategies
This firm began in 1987 as the first area firm primarily serving the legal market. “Our first clients thought marketing was getting their name in the paper,” says Upshaw. “Nothing has changed faster with technology than legal marketing, allowing us to expand into a wide variety of services and strategies.”
TLM offers complete promotional and branding campaigns, custom photographic and video services, ghostwriting and publishing of books, special events, and a legal speakers’ bureau.
An Award-Winning Tradition
In 2014, this firm created the Family Law Cares program for the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas. The promotion of Family Law Cares won a nationwide award for community service from the Legal Marketing Association.
Firm Offers Maximum Flexibility
TLM is a tightly-knit organization with very low overhead. This firm has the flexibility to stretch a budget and give clients the biggest bang for the buck.
This firm operates as a virtual agency, presenting a prospective buyer with the distinct advantage of flexible staffing and business location. While entry involves a cash outlay, the terms of sale are also flexible, providing the revenue needed to quickly recover the buyer’s initial investment and grow the business.
Owner Will Assist in the Plan for Growth
The timing is right for a purchase. While TLM has a steady clientele now, the number of potential clients increases around the holidays and into the first quarter of next year. The owner is highly experienced at presenting the services of TLM, has several presentation tools to use for this and will work with the buyer to ensure growth for the coming years.
Today, Texas Law Marketing is one of three top legal marketing, advertising and PR firms in North Texas, well known to the legal community for exacting customer service and quality creative.
For more information, contact Larry Upshaw, email@example.com, 214 405-5093.
PROS OF PURCHASING TEXAS LAW MARKETING
- TLM is well established in legal marketing in North Texas.
- The Texas Law Marketing name is simple and memorable at the same time. Most area lawyers know us by our institutional-sounding name.
- Our low overhead approach allows you to enter this field with a relatively low outlay of cash.
- The firm is not committed to an expensive group of employees or an office lease.
- Unlike many of our competitors, TLM has a reputation for excellent customer service delivered by mature professionals and not recent college grads.
- We are also known for long-standing client relationships.
- We are award-winning and recognized by area lawyers for superior customer service.
- I have served the Dallas Bar in a number of volunteer or low-cost capacities, including DVAP and the DBA itself. I know the groups and organizations that are essential to know.
- We have a number of outstanding assets and no debt.
- Depending on the terms of sale, I am more than willing to lend my experience to helping a savvy buyer grow the business.
ASSETS THAT ARE PART OF THE SALE
- TLM LLC – Business structure will be turned over to the buyer.
- Domain name — More all-inclusive than those of our competitors.
- Branding – Logo and color scheme that is easily recognized.
- Website – Changes will be needed in content, but this is a custom theme WordPress site with extensive update capacity. Take a look at the site, which was created by a very high level web development team.
- Email list – Opt-in list of almost 8,000 area attorneys and related professionals.
- Contractors – Contact lists of those who regularly work on TLM projects.
- Existing business – We now serve a number of clients. Need to work through a sales plan to increase clientele.
- Web Hosting – We host websites that produce substantial revenue each quarter.
- Have amassed a great reservoir of goodwill from attorneys in North Texas.
LIABILITIES THAT ARE PART OF THE SALE
- TLM has no debt or other liabilities.